Thursday, March 24, 2011

Origami Crane Place Card Holder Tutorial

Origami Crane Place Card Holder

I folded this striking origami crane place card holder with one sheet of 15 cm precision square origami paper from Folded Square Origami. Completed it measures 7 cm in height, 10 cm in width and 3 cm in depth. It's very sturdy, holds a place card securely and is not difficult to make. I really like it. Please check out my tutorial below!

Origami Crane Place Card Holder

I've inserted a small piece of paper as a place card. I'm thinking dinner party, birthday, shower, wedding reception, meeting etc... It folds flat in case you want to make a bunch and store them. Design creator unknown. No scissors, glue or tape used.

foldedsquare.com is a worldwide supplier of award winning origami modelling packs and paper. Based in the UK this environmentally friendly, vegetable ink paper is produced locally and certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. The fresh design on the paper above is Paul Robson's, one of Folded Square's international design team.


This designer paper is available in my USA aStore, amazon.co.uk and worldwide from foldedsquare.com. It comes in a unique hand-folded origami gift box.

Tutorial: Origami Crane Place Card Holder



30 comments:

  1. I love Origami! I am not quite as talented at it as you but it is fun to try. I am stopping in to say Hey and I look forward to working with you in the Blog Guidebook's Blog Club Team! I am following you through GFC. If you have a Twitter and Facebook page let me know and I will follow those as well. Have a great day and talk to you later!

    Vickie
    http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented,I wish I could make these....practise,I really need more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of doing this, I've made smaller cranes before though

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are talented! Sounds like a great hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven`t done oragami in quite a while. These are so kwl looking,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those designer pack designs from foldedsquare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cool! I love this cheap and inexpensive hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make it so easy. I just don't have the patience to do Origami. I will just admire everyone else's Origami....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a great project for my older daughter to do for our next family dinner. She loves origami, and she loves setting up the table with extra touches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Origami Crane Place Card Holders would make a party table look extra festive!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is so nice and useful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I just love the patterns they have on the cover!
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute. i love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just started origami hope to get ths good sometime .

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to try this the next time we have someone over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so pretty! would make the table look elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried one! They are cute. I just need to get the beautiful paper to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks so cute!

    mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  21. When I was a kid, I made an origami paper crane once. I had an origami book that my Dad got me. This brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like this origami paper crane place card#

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete